Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 150ml milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable/corn oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large strawberry, sliced
- 1 large strawberry, diced
- 1 serving of butter, thinly sliced into a circle
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk milk, oil, and egg together in a medium bowl. Add mashed banana and flour to mixture until just moistened, do not over mix.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, grease it with some oil using kitchen paper towel that is moistened with oil.
- To make one pancake, ladle one scoop of batter (50ml) onto pan. Use the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round shape.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until surface of pancakes has some bubbles. Flip over carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until both sides are browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Continue making pancakes with the remaining batter.
- When pancakes are cool, use the HEART SHAPE CUTTER to cut out heart shapes from the pancakes. Decorate the pancakes with sliced strawberries and butter to form a face. Garnish the sides of the pancakes with diced strawberries. Drizzle honey across the pancake.