Total Time: 33 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 18 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup 1% low fat or fat free milk
- 1/3 cup PediaSure Powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners, or generously grease the cups. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together milk and PediaSure Powder until well-blended.
- Add oil, sugar, egg, and pumpkin puree and mix until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool and dust muffins with confectioners’ sugar if using.
- Store muffins in an airtight container for one day, or place each muffin in an individual re-sealable plastic bag and freeze.
Whisking dry ingredients together
Folding in chocolate chips