Try out our delicious Easy Cake with Soy Milk recipe, suitable for children sensitive to cow's milk, made from Isomil follow-on powder!
(Makes 16 slices)
- ½ cup butter*
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk**
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add flour, a spoon at a time, to the creamed butter and sugar mixture and fold gently.
- Add milk and essence; continue to fold until well mixed.
- Pour into a prepared baking tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350°F for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted to the centre of the cake comes out clean.
* Note: For children allergic to cow's milk protein replace butter with margarine
**Use reconstituted Isomil follow-on