Test your Muscle Age*
Choose a suitable chair.
The height of the chair should
be approx. 43cm.
Use a timer to time yourself doing the Stand4Strength challenge.
Sit-to-stand on both legs 5 times
with arms folded as fast as you can.
For your own safety
- Be careful not to strain or injure yourself.
- Stop challenge immediately if your knees start to hurt.
- Don’t lean back to gain momentum or you may topple backwards.
- Do the test when you have a friend or family member around to support you.
- Do not try the test if you have had a recent fall or injury.
Enter your details in the muscle age calculator below.
Step 4: Your result
Looks like you’re an auntie!Your Muscle Age is in the:
While your result is within your age norm, you are at the mean for the 30s!
*Muscle Age is an indication of the strength and performance of the muscles in the lower limbs, and is calculated based on the 5-times sit-to-stand test which matches test time with specific biological age groups.1
Results are based on Caucasian age norms.
1Bohannon R et al. Isokinetics and Exercise Science 15 (2007) 77–81.
Share your result and challenge your friends.
Learn how to build and preserve muscles
with a high-protein diet and exercise.