Importance of measuring & monitoring child’s growth Be Sure. Start Early.
Growth is an important indicator of your child’s overall health & nutritional status. Accurate measurement and regular plotting of your child’s height & weight for age can help detect growth issues.
Poor growth may be an indication of medical conditions or nutritional deficiencies. Poor growth due to nutritional deficiencies in a child can have a lasting impact on his or her physical and mental development, it is crucial that we identify any growth issues and address inadequacies in his/her nutritional intake early to reduce negative impact on his/her growth and development. Start tracking your child’s growth now!
Importance of Tracking Height
Height gain is a sensitive indicator of nutrition intake adequacy for a child. A healthy gain in height:
- Indicates that the body has adequate nutrients to successfully produce lean & skeletal tissue
- Shows that body’s hormonal and metabolic functions are working efficiently, supporting the continuous growth of the brain and the skeletal system
Is your child growing to his potential?
Children of tall parents tend to be taller than children of the same age whose parents are short. But a child who is short and has very tall parents may not be achieving genetically expected height. You can determine whether your child is growing appropriately by using the mid-parental height calculation.
Calculate mid-parental height
- For boys: add 13 cm to the mother’s height, and average this with the father’s height
- For girls: subtract 13 cm from the father’s height and average this with the mother’s height
Evaluate your child’s height
- On the growth chart, follow your child’s current height-for-age percentile to obtain projected height at 18 years of age
- If the difference between the calculated mid-parental height and the projected height at 18 years is ≤ 8.5 cm, your child's current height is appropriate for his genetic potential.
Complete, Balanced Nutrition to help kids grow.
PediaSure is a nutritional supplement scientifically formulated to address the specific nutrition needs of children 1 – 12 years old. PediaSure contains the Triple Sure System with 34 key nutrients to support growth and development. It can be used as a snack or a nutritional supplement with or between meals. PediaSure meets 100% of both the U.S. Dietary Reference Intakes^ and Singapore Recommended Daily Dietary Allowances1 for key nutrients, when used as a sole source of nutrition.
For Catch-up Growth. Choose PediaSure Gold.
1For protein and 10 vitamins & minerals in approximately 1000 mL for children ages 1-6 years, 1300 mL for children ages 7-10 years and 1700 mL for children ages 11-12 years.